Friday, February 5, 2016

What I'm Reading Now

I've finished Shadows of Sherwood which was great fun.  As I shared with the Battle of the Books kids this is really a great mix of dystopian literature and the Robin Hood story - with Robin as teenage girl.  I'm fascinated with how different Kekla Magoon's books seem to be.

I also whizzed right through Goodbye Stranger by Rebecca Stead which was no surprise - I love her books.  I find that her writing is always recognizably hers in a very good way. I seem to be reading a lot of children/YA books about the shifts in female friendships recently and I'm particularly taken with how she addresses this.  It's hard to describe exactly what this book is about, but I've definitely recommended it to several of our middle school students in a vague sort of way.  Some are reading it but not yet finished so I'll have to wait and find out their take.


So.  Two very different authors, one with a recognizable style and one a chameleon.

No comments:

Post a Comment