Wednesday, December 30, 2015

What are you reading now?

Hope everyone is enjoying Winter Break!  I've been having a blast spending time with my little boys and reading as much as I can.  I finished The Red Pencil.  I've also worked through several graphic novels: Ms. Marvel, Roller Girl, and I found the copy of El Deafo  that I started and finished that as well.  I am really glad I read all of them.  For pure enjoyment I really loved Roller Girl but I'd have a hard time picking a favorite.  I was struck by the fact that all three were very interesting in terms of depicting the changing friendships of their characters.  I also read The Right Word: Roget and His Thesaurus and Kinda Like Brothers which I loved.  I sped through that one!  



Next up, I've started Egg and Spoon by Gregory Maguire.  So far I'm really enjoying this novelization loosely based on  the folktale Baba Yaga.  I read one of Maguire's other retellings many years ago and didn't enjoy it as much as I expected to (I usually love fairy tale retellings) so I've been very pleasantly surprised.  It's beautifully written and so far the story is really holding my interest.  

Hope you all have had the chance to read something great over break!

No comments:

Post a Comment